BEAUTY BOX - July Topbox

by - July 28, 2016

It's been so long since I've gotten a monthly beauty subscription box - I used to love opening these up every month to see what surprise they had in store for me. That was until I realized a lot of items I received weren't suited for me, despite most having a beauty questionnaire. Regardless, I still love the little bit of excitement that comes into opening the box and it's all thanks to my cousin who bought me a Topbox subscription!
In this month's Topbox, I received:
Revlon Professional UniqOne Lotus Hair Treatment (9 ml $1.03)
I actually already have a sample of this hair treatment that I got at a Yelp event. It claims to have 10 real benefits for your hair - but I just use it as a leave in hair conditioner. It works about the same as all the others that I use so I'm giving this a meh.
ST. TROPEZ Gradual Tan Tinted Body Lotion (50 ml $9.82)
I don't even need tanning lotion - I'm already tan. This product reminds me of why I didn't like some boxes...
Estée Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Defining Lift and Fan Mascara (0.09 oz $11.79)
I *think* this would be my first Estee Lauder mascara so I'm pretty excited about it! My eyes have recently become quite sensitive to eye makeup so maybe this will work for my temperamental eyes.
BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Spark Plug (0.07oz  $13.73)
I love BareMinerals but have not tried any of their lip products. I have to say, I'm not super impressed, mostly because I'm not a fan of lip glosses - but the colour is gorgeous!
Total Value: $36.37

Considering I liked one item from the box, I don't think I will be getting another. Plus I'm pretty sure monthly subscription boxes started my hoarding status.
One thing I do like about Topbox is that they give you the option to choose Prive boxes - boxes containing products concentrated around one brand. Personally, I still like the element of surprise - even if I'm not thrilled about the results.

Are you subscribed to any monthly subscription boxes at the moment?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments