MAKEUP - Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in Berry Boost

by - July 04, 2016

Maybelline had a booth at TFW where they were giving out their new (but not so new anymore) Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks. I got the colour Berry Boost which is a pretty accurate name for the muted bright raspberry colour.
The lipstick applies nicely and is quite pigmented but it's texture leaves it feeling more like a lipgloss. It doesn't apply opaque like the NYX liquid lipsticks, so the application will need some evening out. The lipstick doesn't dry to a matte finish, but more of a demi-matte and there will definitely be some transfer.
The colour is beautiful and the applicator for some reason works really well for me - it's the only liquid lipstick that I can apply without messing up! I think this lasted about 4 hours on me without eating or drinking anything, leaving a beautiful stain when wearing off. 

Although I definitely do appreciate the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick, I definitely would categorize it as a lip gloss/stain rather than a liquid lipstick.

What brand/colour do you use for your everyday lip?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments