SKINCARE - Garnier Nutritioniste Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil

by - June 27, 2016

Cleansing oils have become quite popular and why not? Who doesn't dread removing their makeup at the end of a long day? Cleansing oils work double time by removing dirt and makeup while keeping your skin hydrated. At this year's L'Oreal Warehouse Sale, I managed to snag two bottles of Garnier's Nourishing Cleansing Oil for the price of one. Without the deal, it is still a super affordable cleansing oil.
This cleansing oil contains jojoba and macadamia oils and has a fresh clean scent that reminds me of deodorant. It claims to dissolve impurities and makeup as well as replenish skin. One thing I did ignore upon purchasing it was that it is meant for dry skin ie. NOT me. I decided to give it a couple tries anyway to see how effective it is in removing makeup. It definitely does remove makeup, but it still needs additional makeup removing and/or cleansing. I found that while it did remove most of my face makeup, it didn't dissolve my eye makeup and instead it just kind of smeared it around. Hello raccoon eyes! I found that adding water and massaging it into the skin didn't do much either. 

After rinsing, there is an oily film that lingers on the skin which I suppose is to hydrate your skin, but it leaves me feeling greasy. I should also add that I hate the feeling of greasy oil on my fingertips - like when you're washing a pan full of vegetable oil and no matter what you do, there is still oil left on the pan - that is exactly what I felt like throughout this whole process.

On the plus side, a friend of mine who does have dry skin loves this cleansing oil and she says it's really working for her, so I would give it a try if you have oily skin, but only if! I'm still eager to try other cleansing oils, but will definitely pay more attention to the labels.

Have you tried any cleansing oils/balms? How were they?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments