REVIEW - Tarte's Park Ave Princess Palette

Monday, September 28, 2015

A couple weeks ago, I managed to snag Tarte's ParkAve Princess Palette from Sephora for $31! (Among other things I will be reviewing soon, yay!). I'm finally hopping on the contouring bandwagon and thought this would be a great place and palette to start with.
Tarte Park Ave Princess Contour Palette
The palette comes with:
Park Ave Princess - a matte, milk chocolate brown bronzer
Posh - a matte, dusty rose blush
Champagne Gold - a shimmery highlighter

To be honest, I always thought contouring wouldn't work with me because I have a round face. My cheekbones are totally nonexistent, but one member of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers network recommended watching Jaclyn Hill's contouring video and I will never be the same. Don't get me wrong, I still don't have visible cheekbones, but I know where to contour/bronze my face a bit better.
Tarte Park Ave Princess Contour Palette swatch
Tarte Park Ave Princess Contour Palette swatch
 I was worried that Park Ave Princess would be too light for my NC 20/25 skin tone, but found it to match perfectly. It's less of a bronzer and more of a contour for my skin, and I love that it's a matte light brown - no shimmers or oranges here!
Posh isn't very pigmented, but I prefer that because I sometimes have a heavy hand when applying blush.
Champagne Gold is beautiful and shimmery - but not sparkly. I like using this in the inner corner or as an eye shadow.

I would definitely recommend this palette if you have a light to light/medium skin tone, Any darker and the products might not show too well. I hope they're working on more palettes for different skin tones!

How did you learn how to contour or bronze?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've never taken the plunge into contouring either! This palette looks great though :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    www.lindseyginge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I'm really late because the new thing is strobing haha.

      Delete
  2. great palette! we don't have that brand in Indonesia (i think) and i'm not really much of a make-up online shopper (tee hee) but imma try searching for similar palette and hope for similar quality :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that - I'd like to see what dupes you find!

      Delete
  3. I totally was looking at this palette too! Anything Tarte I love- I made sure to pin it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go for it if you love everything Tarte! Although the holiday palettes are coming up - maybe they'll have something better!

      Delete

Subscribe