MAKEUP - Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation

by - September 17, 2015

Maybelline's Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation (~$9.99) has been much raved about this past year so I decided to try it out myself.
Unlike most of Maybelline's liquid foundations, this one has a drop stick to dispense the product. I actually really like this, compared to pouring out the product, because it allows more control. I understand that it doesn't seem hygenic to some, but you can still always pour out the product as well.
The foundation itself is light weight and watery, making it really easy to blend - it also blends over flakey patches really well. I would say it's a light to medium coverage foundation, but very buildable. 

I wish there was a wider colour selection though, 40 Nude is a bit too dark for me and the next one down is 20 Classic Ivory which is a bit too light. 

I wouldn't recommend this foundation for those with oily or combination skin. This foundation contains alcohol, which dries the skin and sometimes has a slight tingling/burning feeling when applying it. This caused a slight reaction to my skin and I noticed a my skin breaking out a bit after 2 days of use. Also, after 8 hours of wearing a light layer of this foundation, my face was pretty oily. I usually don't blot or pay attention to how oily I am, but I touched my forehead and my hand was glistening. Perhaps it was the hot weather, so I will try this again in colder weather, but I was hoping for such a light foundation to be Summer friendly.

Edit: I've been using this foundation in the cooler September weather with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder on top and it's an amazing combo - no shininess so far! It's now my new favourite foundation for Fall.

What's your favourite Summer foundation?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments