LIFE - Valentine's Meowbow Unboxing

by - May 03, 2018

There was once a time where I was obsessed with monthly beauty boxes. In fact, my addiction to them is what prompted me to start this blog! My crazy cat lady status combined with my new addiction to Dragon's Den (cause it became available on Netflix hehe) meant that I couldn't help but order one of the services that made it to the show: Meowbox. Meowbox is a Canadian monthly subscription for cat goodies, starting at $29.95 a month - you can choose to subscribe for every other month, or give a gift. Each box contains 4-6 items and comes with free shipping.
I ordered my box in February, so I ended up getting a Valentine's Day themed box as Meowbox has unique themes every month. I love that they add an individual touch by greeting your cats on the box!
Valentine's Meowbow
My box came with a postcard designed by Fiona (who is now my new favourite cartoonist!), along with some goodies such as Grain Free Tempting Salmon Treat by Nutrience and a Conversation Heart Wand by The Empurrium.
My box also contained three catnip toys: Will You Accept This Rose? by Le Sharma TradingLove Letter by Housecat Club, and Kiss Me Lips by Crochet Kitty.

I like the idea of a monthly box for my cats, but I found that they didn't really like the items included in the box. They jumped at the Kiss Me Lips and Love Letter catnip toys, but after a day or two they got bored of it, while a catnip banana toy has kept them interested for about a month. They weren't interested in the Will You Accept This Rose? or Conversation Heart Wand toys at all. As for the treats, I think my cats are a bit confused as they won't eat it outright, but they'll eat it if I stick it in their wet food. 

Considering all this, I cancelled my subscription because $30 a month or every two months can be a bit pricey if they're not going to enjoy everything in the box. For me, I think this is better off as a gift box rather than a subscription.

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments