EATS - Mildred's Temple Kitchen

by - May 05, 2018

Mildred's Temple Kitchen, located in Liberty Village, is famous for their brunch, so naturally I just had to make a pit stop here for brunch. The restaurant's decor is rustic and modern, making it very Instagram worthy. We came here for brunch on a Friday and the restaurant was quite busy, so reservations are definitely recommended if you plan on coming by on the weekend!  Upon being seated by our bubbly server, we ordered the Mrs. Biederhof's Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes, Big B'lunch Skillet, and the GINger Fizz to try out.  

The GINger Fizz was an interesting hybrid between a regular gin and tonic and a mojito, using gin, ginger beer, lemon, and mint. The ginger is very powerful in this drink and punches the back of your throat in the first sip, but in a good way! Meanwhile, the mint and lemon slightly neutralizes the bitter gin aftertaste. If you like gin and ginger, I would definitely recommend giving this drink a try.
 Mildred's Temple Kitchen
Let me just start off by saying that I'm not a fan of pancakes, let alone blueberry pancakes. I'm very picky with cooked fruit and would rather go with chocolate chip pancakes if I had to, BUT I really did enjoy these blueberry pancakes. They're moist, dense, and fluffy at the same time, making them quite filling despite the seemingly small serving size. The blueberry compote that tops it off is to die for, and because there's blueberry compote, whipped cream, and a generous drizzle of syrup, these pancakes are perfect as served and do not require additional sweetness. So far, these truly are my favourite blueberry pancakes and I would definitely come back for these.
To balanced out the sweet with some savoury, we got the Big B'lunch Skillet, with spicy pulled pork, roasted onions, potatoes, black beans, two sunny side up eggs, and piri piri salsa. Following the delicious blueberry pancakes, this dish can be a bit underwhelming. I expected the skillet to be much larger based on the name, but it's diameter was about the length of my hand. The food itself was good, but I found that it was mostly potatoes and onions. It didn't quite meet our expectations nor did it satisfy our savoury tooth, so I think the next time we visit, we'll just stick to the blueberry pancakes.

Where's your favourite brunch place in the GTA?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments