MAKEUP - Shiro Cosmetics and Detrivore Lip Balms

by - May 05, 2015

I have a thing for hoarding lip balms. Actually, I have a thing for hoarding just about every make up item but that's besides the point. My lovely friend gift me with these two lip balms from here favourite online cosmetic retailer, Shiro Cosmetics. Keep reading to see my review :).
 The first is a tinted lip balm (With Eyes Unclouded) made by Shiro Cosmetics and retails for $5. It is a brownish brick red tinted lip balm and has a sweet smell, similar to vanilla. It is vegan and is made of coconut oil, candelilla wax, jojoba oil, carnauba wax, red #40, iron oxide, castor oil, tocopherol and flavor. 
The second is a chai tea flavoured lip balm made by Detrivore Cosmetics and retails for $4.50.  I absolutely love the smell of the chai tea lip balm. This product is NOT vegan and is made of coconut oil, avocado oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, jojoba oil, vitamin e oil and flavor.
Both products when applied are smooth and not too waxy, which I think has something to do with the oils. The colour of the tinted lip balm is sheer, comparable to Maybelline Baby Lips, as you can see in the swatches below. I really like these lip balms and would check them out whether or not you're vegan. Shiro Cosmetics also states very clearly in each product title if something is vegan or not, so don't worry if you have a hard time differentiating.
Have you purchased anything from Shiro Cosmetics? Do you know any other online vegan cosmetic retailers?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments