EATS - Tsujiri North York

by - August 17, 2018

Tsujiri hit Toronto not too long ago with their Dundas location, serving matcha based desserts and drinks. But their fairly new North York location manages to serve up savoury matcha dishes as well. To be honest, I was never really interested in Tsujiri. Don't get me wrong - I love a good matcha latte, but there was just something about matcha noodles that sounded so unappealing to me. But we ended up giving Tsujiri a shot because most restaurants in the area were closed and we didn't feel like having a hot bowl of ramen because the weather itself was pretty warm. 
Tsujiri North York
I got the Sapporo style Miso Tsuke Soba along with an Iced Matcha Latte.

The matcha flavoured soba is served cold on a plate with the broth on the side - the idea is to dip the noodles into the broth rather than eating the noodles straight from the broth. I found this to be quite an interesting way to eat noodles, and it's pretty genius cause it works for both hot and cold weather. Upon first bite, you can really taste the matcha in the noodles adding a little bit of bitterness and sweetness to the noodles. After a a couple bites though, it becomes a secondary lingering taste to the perfectly balanced salty broth. I do wish we were given spoons for the broth though because it was so delicious - plus it's pretty hard to get all the toppings, such as corn,out of the broth without a spoon.

The iced matcha latte was delicious and probably the best iced matcha latte I've ever had. I believe there was two to choose from and I got the sweeter of the two, but it was just sweet enough to balance out the slight bitterness of the matcha and kind of reminded me of brown sugar.

Maybe it was fate, or maybe it was a happy accident - but nonetheless, my friend and I enjoyed the food a lot more than we were expecting to and we'll definitely be coming back for more!

What's the most unique matcha dish you've ever had?

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments