LIFE - Weir's Lane Lavender & Apiary

by - July 18, 2018

When I was younger, I used to hate the smell of lavender - its super potent and floral smell would sting my nose, making me wrinkle it in dislike. But oh do things change! I now LOVE the smell of lavender and wish I could carry the scent with me everywhere I go. So naturally, I had to visit a lavender farm this Summer, especially with them blowing up my Instagram.
 Weir's Lane Lavender & Apiary
I initially wanted to visit Terre Bleu's lavender farm, with it's enticing yellow door, but found that the admission price has doubled within the past year to $20 due to popularity. $20 may not seem a lot to some people, but at the end of the day, you're really just paying to see flowers - well that's my perspective. So I kept looking up other nearby lavender farms and stumbled upon Weir's Lane Lavender and Apiary located in West Flamborough, about a 15 minute drive from Hamilton.
For an admission price of $2, Weir's Lane Lavender and Apiary is yours to discover! This includes free parking, an information pamphlet, and a coupon to redeem at the gift shop. There are two small lavender fields, one in the front and one on the side, with both English and French lavenders grown. There's also four bee hives in between the two fields, with many bees working their bumble butts off - so don't worry if you hear a buzzing! (This is also something to note if you or anyone you are going with are terrified of bees). At the end of the path, there is the small little gift shop full of lavender goodies for sale where you can use your coupon ($5 off $20, and 10% off Tues-Sat). I used my coupon to buy some lavender buds for my DIY bath soaks and bath bombs.
I'm really happy that I went to Weir's Lane Lavender and Apiary because it was a short and sweet trip that covered everything I wanted to do at a lavender farm. Plus it gave us an opportunity to explore Hamilton and grab a bite to eat there after.

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments