STYLE - Daily Makeup Routine

by - January 08, 2015

The new year is here and I hope everybody enjoyed the holidays. I thought it would be a good idea to start off the new year with my daily makeup routine. Keep reading to see what products I use on my face.
First off, I start with moisturizing my face with the Body Shop's Vitamin C daily moisturizer.
1. EOS lip balm - This is the first thing I apply because I have super dry and flakey lips and this helps other lip products glide on smoothly.

2. Sonia Kashuk Highlighter Stick in Sparkling Sands - I'm not a fan of concealers, so I use this highlighter stick instead as a replacement. I apply this under my eyes, stopping just before my temples,  between my eyebrows and down my nose, my cupids bow and just a dab on my chin. I use my ring finger to blend it out.

3. elf  Studio Powder Brush - I use this brush for both the foundation and the blush. I just pat it onto the foundation powder and buff it in my skin and follow with a light application of blush and blend that out.

4. Lovely Me: Ex Angel Skin Powder Pact in RB35 - This foundation powder is great for skin tones NC20 / NC25. It blends nicely into the skin and is buildable but not cakey. I like using this powder because it doesn't feel greasy throughout the day and it hasn't broken me out yet.

5. Physicians Formula Mineral Blush - This blush is a nice buildable pink. I like to apply a light coat onto my cheeks and blend upwards towards my temples.

6. Rimmel U Rock! Eyeshadow in Zest - Unfortunately this is not sold in stores anymore but I absolutely love the colour and the long lasting formula. I was never a fan of cream eyeshadows because they sometimes crease, leaving some spots uncovered on my eyelids but this does not crease at all. Although the three colours were supposed to be used separately, I just like to rub my finger in it and apply the end colour onto my whole lid.

7. Lovely Me: Ex Catch My Eye Liner in Brown - I've become a fan of brown eyeliners because it gives a more subtle look. I prefer this eyeliner because it doesn't smudge easily yet isn't difficult to remove. It's a twist up eyeliner so no sharpening is necessary. I apply this to the outer 2/3 of my eye for a subtle liner. The opposite end of the eyeliner also has a smudge sponge, which I have yet to use.

8. L'oreal Colour Riche Balm in Caring Coral - At first I was iffy about trying coral colours on my lips, but this is more like a tinted balm the a lipstick. It provides sheer but buildable colour and lasts quite some time.

If you are wondering about the Lovely Me:Ex products, they are sold by The Face Shop.

What products do you use every day?

You May Also Like

0 comments