NOTD - Butter London's The Old Bill

by - November 23, 2012

This is my first Butter London nail polish. I never knew what was so special about this brand until now. The formula is AMAZING! It's not streaky, the colour is opaque, dries pretty fast and it literally glides on your nail. What I mean is that some nail polishes, like Essie, can be streaky and when you press too hard on the second coat, it penetrates the first and you have a streak of thin polish which is almost impossible to fix without redoing the nail. I'm definitely going to be investing in Butter London polishes in the future.

The Old Bill at first glance looks like the average gold nail polish but when applied to the nail it looks stunning. The colour is inbetween a rose gold and a muted brassy gold. I took a picture below and used the filter that looked most like the colour in real life but lacks the shimmer, so I took one with flash for reference. This polish is opaque so one coat is all you need (but I was so addicted to the effortless glide that I put two coats :P). This colour will match any skin type and can be a pop of colour or more of a nude depending on what you're wearing.

If you've been eyeing this polish for some time, you should definitely get it, I swear you won't regret it :).

You May Also Like

1 comments