DIY - Travel Single Use Soap

by - April 06, 2018

At the OOAK Show, SeaLuxe's Beach Glass Soap ($20) caught my eye because of its simplicity and brilliance. SeaLuxe's Beach Glass Soap was inspired by and made to combat soap bar waste- you know, those little slivers that you're left with at the end of a soap bar that nobody uses. 
However, I couldn't justify buying more soap due to my enormous stash at home. BUT, with my trip to California coming up, I thought it would be great to travel with and decided to make some of my own! (Cause ain't nobody got time to wait for bar soap to dry when you're on the go!)
These soaps are small enough for a single use - just grab a piece and lather up until it's gone! They're also extremely easy to make and can look very elegant when placed in a glass jar too.
For my travel soap, I used LUSH's Layer Cake soap due to the glycerin base and ombre colour effect.
(LUSH no longer makes this soap, but you can definitely to this with almost any soap, as long as it doesn't have any foreign objects in it that may compromise the size i.e. berries, loofah, etc.)
As for the glass corked bottles, I got a set of two at Dollarama for $1.25.
To make these shards of soap, I simply used a sharp knife to my soap into small pieces. 

I think this is a great DIY for travelling, especially if you plan on bringing a carry-on so you can save on space and swap out your liquid shower gel for bar soap. If you don't quite feel up to doing this DIY, you can always head on over to SeaLuxe's website and place an order there! (They also make awesome smelling soap bars and bath teas!)

Now that I've showed you a travel "hack", let me know one of yours in the comment section below!

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments