REVIEW - Trend Trunk

Thursday, October 11, 2012

In September, one of the beauty boxes (I believe it was GlossyBox) emailed all it's members a $5 coupon for Trend Trunk.
Trend Trunk is kind of like eBay but for Canadians only. You can sell new or used items of clothing and accessories. There is no charge to sell, but if you purchase something, the company charges a flat rate of $8 for shipping.
I have no issue with buying used clothes (that's what brought back vintage clothing!) so I gave it a try and used my coupon and was NOT impressed whatsoever.

I purchased a chambray shirt for $10 plus $8 shipping for a total of $18. The transaction went through smoothly, but the shipping? Not so much.

As I was tracking my shipment, Canada Post stated that they couldn't find my address so the package was sent back to the seller. 

I contacted Trend Trunk's customer service (because you can't contact the seller) for help on what I should do. They told me that the package was returned to the seller (no duh, I just emailed you stating that) and for me to verify my address, which was correct.



I was advised to change my 'name'. You see, on Trend Trunk, you don't have a separate name from the one you put in your personal information. I don't exactly want all the sellers out there to know my full name so I used initials instead. Trend Trunk said that Canada Post might not have shipped it because the name didn't match the address, although I highly doubt that since I get mail with various names shipped to my house with no issues.



After about a week, Trend Trunk then tells me again that the item was returned to the seller (as if I didn't know already), and gave me two options:
1) Get a $10 refund (without the shipping cost basically) and
2) Pay another $8 for shipping

EXCUSE ME? No, I don't think so. I already paid for my shipping and it's not my fault Canada Post couldn't find my address - even though I live in Toronto which is not hard to find at all. I emailed them back saying that I would like to get my product without any extra payment or a full refund and I got denied since it was my fault that the name was incorrect. 

Needless to say, I called my credit card company and was issued a refund. I'm never using this site again and I can't even delete my Trend Trunk account (they don't currently give you that option).


Have you tried Trend Trunk? How was your experience?

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Whoa! That's terrible!! I'm sorry to hear that :( That's weird that Canada Post didn't deliver it, I just use my first name sometimes (not last) and I still get stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too! It's just a shame since start-up companies usually try to give the best customer service :(.

      Delete
  2. That's too bad it didn't work out well. I also got a gift card for that site but I haven't used it.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thanks for sharing that. I thought the whole system was too time consuming to figure out. I need point form. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m Sean Snyder, the founder of Trend Trunk.

    I came across your post, and wanted to respond. First off, we definitely appreciate your thoughts and feedback!

    Although this post was a while back, I personally reached out to Canada Post to discuss this matter.
    Because shipments on Trend Trunk required a signature, so that we ensure the package arrives safely to the correct person, Canada Post indicated that if their driver believes they are not delivering the package to the right place without a proper name. So based on their feedback, the driver probably elected to not deliver the package for everyone’s benefit, and returned it to the Seller. With this also means another shipping cost incurred, and as you indicated we simply requested this from you to cover the cost of this extra shipping.

    We are very sorry that you did not receive your package and are more than willing to do anything we can to create a better experience for you. If you provide us with your email, we’d be more than happy to email you another gift card to give us another try! We apologize once again and welcome you to email us with any future issues!

    Thanks.

    Sean Snyder (sean@trendtrunk.com)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe