REVIEW - Nyx Natural Shadow Palette Review and Swatches

by - Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Nyx Natural Shadow Palette is a great for neutral and smokey eyes. I received this palette courtesy of Target at their Red Card Event. Nyx cosmestics are great and are very affordable. Currently within the GTA, the major retailers of Nyx that I know of are Target and Rexall Pharma Plus. I am in love with Nyx lip products but this will be my first impression of their shadows, so lets get to it! 
From Left to Right
Matte white
Shimmery and sparkly yellow-beige
Matte peach
Shimmery nude
Shimmery light brown
Matte chocolate brown
With Flash
Without Flash
I apologize, I'm horrible with swatches. I tried to make the colours stand out more but found it difficult to apply the product onto my arms. These swatches are using my finger. When I tried to use brushes it didn't come out as pigmented.

I applied the shadows without using primer to show the natural pigmentation on my eyes.


I find that the colours on this palette are very similar. As I was swatching them, I actually expected the chocolate brown to come out lighter to suit the other shades. I like that the palette included 3 matte and 3 shimmery colours, but I'm not much of a fan of sparkles in my eyeshadow. This palette is great for everyday wear. The colours don't show up too much on my medium skin tone, so I would recommend this palette for those of lighter or darker skin tones, or to use a primer when applying these shadows. This palette is also nice and compact, the perfect size for an eyeshadow palette to go.

What's your favourite neutral eyeshadow palette?

You May Also Like

0 comments