REVIEW - Miracle 10 Peel Treatment

by - July 18, 2014

During the Miracle 10 event, attendees were given the opportunity to book a free facial (valued at $125) at The Plastic Surgery Clinic. Their website describes this procedure as follows:

Miracle 10 Peel Treatment

Exfoliation therapy that combines our unique dermaplaning approach with a mild glycolic acid or lactic acid peel, a fruit enzyme scrub, and a soothing mask. Formulated with the Plastic Surgery Clinic's exclusive skincare line, Miracle 10.

I've never had a facial before so I jumped at the chance along with my friend. We were allowed to choose either the fruit enzyme scrub or one that used a razor to shave off the skin. I chose the razor treatment and my friend chose the fruit enzyme scrub. The razor I found was not very effective because she did not shave my whole face while the fruit enzyme scrub covered the whole face. After the scrub or shave, the chemical peel was put on and it burns, a lot. Thankfully the peel is only put on for a bit and a soothing mask is applied, which felt like absolute heaven. She finished us both off with a mix of the Miracle 10 serum and sunscreen. After the treatment, we were told not to do anything that would make us sweat. The only thing I didn't like about the treatment was that throughout the day, my face felt very sticky, and I'm not sure if it was from the sunscreen or the treatment itself.

Now, for the bad part. For a couple days, I found that there were many dry spots on my face. More than usual and drier than usual. I would apply moisturizer a handful of times throughout the day and it wouldn't get any better. I thought maybe it was just me. Then my friend told me she had patches on her face where it would hurt to touch and that applying anything, from moisturizer to makeup, would hurt in those areas. We both deducted that these problems were from the chemical peel which was too harsh for our skin. I don't think we'll be jumping at a chance for a chemical peel again.

You May Also Like

0 comments