REVIEW - CoverGirl Lipslicks Smoochies

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I've always been a fan of tinted lip balms. I actually prefer them over lipsticks and lip glosses because they're so much easier to use and they smell great. No need to worry about sticky or bleeding lips! CoverGirl's Lipslick Smoochies claims to "glide on sheer colour and keep lips moisturized" which is exactly what it does. I tried the colour 210 (c u l8tr) and it's a frosty pale pink. Unfortunately, I don't like frosty lip products. I find it makes me look washed out. And although the sheer coverage is nice, and is exactly what it claims, I do wish there was more colour payoff to the balm. Another thing I don't like about the lip balm is the smell. It reminds me of the LipSmacker lip balms I used to get as a kid. I've long grown accustomed to nice and fruity smelling balms, not ones smelling so much like wax. 

With flash                                              Without flash

Would I buy this product? No. Not when there are other lip products out there I would rather buy. However, I would recommend these for those who are starting to use lip products and are not yet comfortable wearing vibrant lip colours.

*Disclaimer: Product was received for free at an event. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe