DIY & NOTD - Polka Dot Nails

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hey lovelies, I recently did these fun polka dot nails and thought I'd share them with you! They're super easy to do.
 I started off by painting my nails different pastel colours so it's fun, but a single colour will look more elegant. These nail polishes were all from Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme: Bubblegum Pink (the pink I used is discontinued so this is a perfect alternative), Lacey Lilac, Green with Envy, Sun Kissed and Mellow Yellow and for the white dots, I used White On. 

To create the dots, you may use the dotting tool shown in the picture (you can find these at any nail art store or on eBay) or you can use the balled tip of a bobby pin. I put a couple drops of the white nail polish on an old magazine and just dipped my dotting tool into the paint lightly and dotted my nails. You can always dot with different colours to create a more funky look! Finish with a top coat and you're done! :) Now you have fun summery nails!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are so pretty! I need a dotting tool...that would make it a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also use the ball tip of a bobby pin as an alternative :)

      Delete

Subscribe