EMPTIES - Summer Empties

by - October 15, 2017

So, I'm like, two months late with this post - whoops! I know I always use school and work as an excuse, but for some reason it's taking a huge toll on me this semester. Shout out to anyone who works while in school - you're a superstar! 
But back to the empties; this Summer was a lot of bath products. This is mostly because I spent the Summer in Ottawa with my boyfriend whose apartment included unlimited hydro hehe, and I love me a good bubble bath or bath soak. So without further ado, here are my Summer empties:

Rating Guide:
☆ - All aboard the nope train!
☆☆ - Meh... It's okay
☆☆☆ - YAAASSSSSS!!
Full Size:
Algemarin Foam Bath Packets x3 ☆☆☆
These packets are great when you're travelling and need a bit of relaxation. I initially got one of these packets in a beauty box (I want to say Top Box?) and soon after found a 5 pack at Dollarama that I snatched up. The amount in the packet is the perfect amount for a foamy bubble bath and it has a clean and salty scent. 
Biore Baking Soda Cleanser ☆☆☆
I received this from Influenster and have been using it since. I really do love Biore face washes and this one wasn't any different. The one drawback about this product, but it's totally on me, is that if and when the scrubbing balls make their way into your eye, it hurts so bad!
Bodycology Cherry Blossom Bath Fizzies ☆☆☆
These bath bombs are amazing and affordable, which I'm really surprised with because I'm usually not a fan of drugstore bath bombs. Mix this with the liquid bubble bath and I'm basically a goner.
Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter SPF 15 Moisturizer ☆☆☆
I also got this from Influenster and I really liked it. I couldn't tell that it has SPF because it didn't cast a white tinge to my skin like some do. I absorbs quickly, doesn't feel greasy, and didn't create any breakouts on my combination skin
John Frieda Frizz Ease Miraculous Recovery Shampoo & Conditioner ☆☆
LUSH Snakes and Ladders FUN ☆
FUN is like a hybrid between a bath bar and Playdoh, which can be especially fun for children to play with. I personally wasn't a fan because the colours stained my hands and the bubbles didn't hold up too well, disappearing fairly quickly. 
LUSH Salt and Peppermint Bark Shower Scrub ☆
I love the scent, but I'm not a fan of the product. You're supposed to use this scrub bar in the shower, but try not to get it wet because then it'll dissolve, but it's nearly impossible to not get it wet. It also takes a while to dry, so I would use it about once a week. I just think sugar scrubs are 100x easier to use.
LUSH Love and Light Hand Cream ☆
I'm not a fan of this hand cream because it felt too greasy upon application and I wasn't really digging the scent either.
Nivea In-Shower Body Milk ☆☆☆

Travel/Sample Size:
Clarins Hydra-Essentiel Moisturizer 
This moisturizer was way too thick for my liking and made my skin extremely greasy, so I only applied this at night before bed. Nope, not again.
Flawless By Friday MesmerEYES Eye Mask System 
I found that this eye mask was drier than some others on the market, but I kind of preferred that because it was dripping in serum. I couldn't tell if it was effective, but it was a nice touch to a spa day so I'll give it two stars.
Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel ☆☆
I know this is really old, don't judge me! I used to be obsessed with these gels from Philosophy cause I thought they would make great bubble baths - but I never actually used it. Now that I have, I can tell you these are hella pricey bubble baths because you need quite a bit to get a nice foam and the bubbles disappear quite fast.
Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ☆☆☆
For a while, I was not very fond of facial wipes, but they're so convenient when I'm at an event and my sensitive eyes act up. Now I always carry some travel wipes whenever I'm wearing a lot of eye makeup.
The Body Shop Mango Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub ☆☆☆

I'd say this was a pretty successful season and I got a lot of things emptied out, did you? Let me know in the comments below!

Let's be friends!

You May Also Like

0 comments